KRISTY COLLINS – PRINCIPAL
Kristy has resided on the Gold Coast since 2000 and graduated from QUT with a Bachelor of Laws in 2002. She was admitted as a Solicitor in December 2006. Since 2008, Kristy has practised for legal firms located in the Burleigh Heads area and has developed strong ties to the southern end of the Gold Coast both professionally and personally.
Kristy has extensive commercial experience which includes residential conveyancing, commercial conveyancing, business structure advice, business sales and purchases, commercial leasing and retail leasing. She additionally provides advice to clients with respect to wills, enduring power of attorney and estate planning as well as estate administration.
Kristy joined Reaburn Solicitors in May of 2018 and became Principal in February 2022. Kristy is a mother of 1 and enjoys keeping herself fit in her spare time while spending time with family friends.
MARK REABURN – CONSULTANT
Mark has lived on the Gold Coast most of his life. He commenced his legal career in 1976, taking a break for a number of years to pursue a sporting career.
Mark was admitted as a Solicitor in 1987, he practised as a Principal from October 1990 until February 2022 when he stepped aside from that role and became a Consultant to the firm. The firm’s vigorous pursuit of quality assurance/accreditation is driven by Mark so that the firm can assure clients of the best quality service.
Mark’s client base ranges from commercial/residential property developers to “mums and dads”.
He prides himself on establishing long term relationships with clients.
MARK REABURN – CONSULTANT
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in March 1987
- Gold Coast resident since 1965
Former partner in midsize (Gold Coast) firm
- Established Reaburn Solicitors in October 1993
- Queensland Law Society approved mediator
- Accepted as a member of STEP, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, a worldwide specialist forum for solicitors engaged in estate and trust administration
- Previous Board Member and legal advisor to Queensland Events (Gold Coast) Pty Ltd which conducts Gold Coast Marathon and Pan Pacific Masters Games
- Chairman of Gold Coast Schoolies
- Former Board Member of Project Board for Gold Coast Seaway Project
- Former Committee Member of Gold Coast City Council Event Advisory Committee
- Member of Family Law Practitioners Association
Specialist knowledge in the following areas:
- Acting in the administration of Estates both as Executor and Legal Advisor ranging from simple Estate administration to complex matters involving extensive litigation
- Preparation of complex Estate Planning documents and preparation of Wills incorporating Testamentary Trusts
- Family law across a range of all matters including property and child related matters
- Commercial law involving preparation of Contracts and Joint Venture Agreements for property developers
- Acting for and advising Sporting Associations including Surf Lifesaving Australia, Queensland Touch Association, Gold Coast Marathon and Pan Pacific Masters Games
CHRISTINE FRENCH – SENIOR PROPERTY CONVEYANCER
Christine is a Senior Property Conveyancer and has over 30 years of conveyancing experience on the Gold Coast having settled thousands of property transactions both residential and commercial.
Christine’s career is her passion and she aims to make the conveyancing journey as stress free and enjoyable as possible whether clients are buying or selling. Her main strength is her ability to work under pressure while bringing a calm and consistent approach to her work.
JULIE AINSWORTH – RECEPTIONIST
Julie is our Receptionist working from Monday to Thursday. Julie began working for Reaburn Solicitors in November 2004. She strives to give exceptional service to all of our clients. Julie also looks after all of our securities and also works in our accounts department.
In her spare time she likes spending time with her family and friends, camping and travelling.
CARLA BROSNAN – LEGAL ASSISTANT
Carla initially commenced working for Reaburn Solicitors in 1993. She later established her own business offering specialist skills in Conveyancing/Commercial work. She returned to our firm in 2013 working part time in our Conveyancing section. Carla now works exclusively in our Wills and Deceased Estate section. She has considerable skills and experience in the conduct of Estate administration and Probate Applications.
MICHELLE WALKER – LEGAL ASSISTANT
Michelle has resided on the Gold Coast since 2006 after moving from Ireland with her family.
Michelle has worked in the legal industry in various areas both in Ireland and Australia for over 25 years. She joined Reaburn Solicitors in 2019 and works in our Family Law department.